Thursday 18 December 2014

Altered E

Quite a long time ago I picked up a 8" tall wooden E to alter for my friend Elena. I am seeing her for our Christmas get together this Saturday and I finally got my act together and altered the letter.

The first thing I did was paint it with white acrylic paint. Then I covered the front with scrapbook paper, filed off any edges of paper overhanging and then sponged the edges with distress ink. I used dies from MFT Stamps to make the rolled flowers and leaves, put flatback pearls in the centre of the flowers and then them on the letter.

I think she'll like it.

The first picture shows how the letter started out.


And here is the finished letter



Here is a list of supplies.

Wooden Letter from Michaels
Design Paper: DCWV - Dear Jane 12 x 12 paper stack
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Dies: MFT Stamps - Rolled Scallop Flower, Royal Rose and Royal Leaves
Flatback Pearls from my stash

Have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment