Friday 5 April 2019

Espresso - Tag You're It! #84

Hello my friends, I'm back with another tag that I created for the current challenge at Tag You're It!  This week's challenge is to create a coffee themed tag.


For my tag, I tried to give the illusion that my coffee mugs were glass, like the ones in the inspiration picture.  I first die cut the mugs out of white card stock which I inked up with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.  I also die cut the mugs out of some vellum and some silver card stock.  I glued the velum on top of the inked mugs and then added silver bottoms and handles to the mugs.  The brown colour wasn't showing through the vellum very well so I inked up the vellum a bit with the same Distress Oxide ink.

The actual tag was die cut from some kraft medium weight chipboard.  I heat embossed the sentiment and added the coffee bean stamps all around using some Cup O'Joe ink from Hero Arts.





below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Perk Up,  TPC Studio - Coffee Cafe
Dies: Sizzix/Tim Holtz - Tag & Bookplates,  MFT Stamps - Tea Party and Cool Cup (whip cream)
Inks: Versamark,  Hero Arts - Cup O'Joe,  Distress Oxide - Vintage Photo
Other: Gaffix - Medium Weight Chipboard,  Recollections - 110lb White card stock and 29lb Vellum paper,  Lindy's Stamp Gang - Midnight Bronze Obsidian embossing powder, Silver card stock, Foam Tape, Celebrate It - 5/8" Brown Ribbon

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Love the work you put into your coffee cups. Fabulous design. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge (don't have those cups and now I'm like, humm... might need 'em).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tag, love how you made the coffee cups. Thanks for sharing your work at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete