Monday 21 March 2016

Fairy Terrarium

Hello friends, on the weekend I watched Sandy Allnock's video showing the "secret weapon" for colouring glass and I thought I would give it a try.

Here is a link to her video:Sandy Allnock - Secret weapon for colouring amazing glass.

I decided I wanted to make a card version of a Mason Jar - Fairy Garden (Terrarium) and the glass technique shown in the attached video.

Here is the jar before I added the white paint.


and here is the jar after the paint was added. I admit that like Sandy said it was hard to paint over my colouring but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


Here is the card I made using the finished jar.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Summertime Charm, Chirpy Chirp Chirp and Fairy Friends,  MFT Stamps - Out On A Limb (Word Spring)
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Summertime Charm,  MFT Stamps - Blueprints 15 & 20
Ink: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Ink - Vintage Photo,  Memento - Hot Cocoa & New Sprout
Copic Markers: Jar - C00, C1, C3, B000, B21  Fairy - E00, E11, R20, YG03, YG25, R000, R02, E21, E25, E27  Flower - Y23, Y35, Y38, E25, E27  Grass - G21, G28
Design Paper: Lawn Fawn -
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Foam Tape,  American Crafts - Hemp Twine,  Deco Art - White Acrylic Paint

Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment