Thursday 24 August 2017

Fall

Hello my friends and welcome back.  I haven't been doing any crafting for the past week and a half because we have been redoing and organizing my craft room.  I hope to be back with some pictures of the transformation.

The first crafty thing I have done in the revamped space, was to alter the Standing Wood Fall word that I bought from Hobby Lobby for 40% off.  Each letter is approximately 7 inches high and 5 inches wide.  I love how the "A" in fall was real,aced with a leaf.


The first thing I did is go through my 12 x 12 design paper and decide which paper I would use for which letter.


I painted the three letters with some Vanilla acrylic paint and the leaf with Metallic Bronze acrylic paint.  I then added glue to the front of each letter and paid it down onto the design paper.  Once the glue had dried, I used a Fiskars fingertip craft knife to cut around the letters.  I then had to touch up the paint.  I decided that the leaf was going to be too hard to cut around so I just painted it with three coats of paint.  To finish off the three letters, I sponged on some Vintage Photo Distress Ink, to the edges of the design paper.

Here is the finished word, which I will be putting on my mantle, once I start decorating for fall.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Standing Wood Fall - Brother Sister Design Studio from Hobby Lobby
Acrylic Paint - Craft smart- Vanilla and Metallic Bronze from Michaels
Design Paper: American Crafts - Night Fall 12 x 12 paper pad
Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment