Sunday 3 December 2017

Friends Make Holidays Even Happier

Hello my friends and welcome back. After what seems like having rain forever, we finally have a nice clear, if cold, day, so we put up a few Christmas lights outside.  I put up the Christmas tree and inside decorations on Monday.

I'm sure if you're a fan of MFT Stamps you know that they had a great Black Friday sale, which of course, I could not pass up.  One of the things I bought was the Fireplace die-namics that was released a long, long time ago but I finally decided to get and I'm so happy I did.

I used the fireplace die along with the new Pure Innocence girl from the Filled With Joy stamp set to create a cute little scene.  For the fireplace I used several different layers of foam tape to add lots of dimension to the card and I'm so happy with how it turned out.

For the fireplace I cut the main image from 100lb white card stock. I also cut a rectangle of white card stock that would cover the back of the fireplace opening.  That rectangle I inked up using the Small Brick Wall stencil and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I then attached it to the back of the fireplace with some foam tape so that it was not flush with the front of the fireplace.  I also used some Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Fired Brick and Ground Expresso Distress Inks to colour up some white card stock, and used the card stock to cut out the log and flames for inside the fireplace.

The little girl was coloured with Copic markers and then I fussy cut her out with a small white border and I attached her to the card front using a couple of layers of foam tape in spots, so that she would lie flat in front of the fireplace.

I hope you like my final card and let me know if you have any questions.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Pure Innocence - Filled With Joy
Dies: MFT Stamps - FireplaceFab Foliage and Blueprints 27
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Black Intense,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Frayed Burlap, Ground Espresso, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin and Fired Brick
Copic Markers:  Skin - E11, E33, V15, R21  Hair - E21, E25, E27  Dress - B23, B26  Shoes - C5, C7, C9  Stocking - C00, C1, R24, R27, R39
Design Paper:  My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline-Fiddlesticks and Mistletoe Magic 6x6 paper pad
Other: Recollections 110lb White card stock and 65lb Red, Black and Green card stock and Adhesive Red Rhinestones, MFT Stamps - Small Brick Wall, Foam Tape


Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and I hope you have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment