Wednesday 10 August 2016

Baked With Love

Good morning my friends, I hope you are having a good day.

The other day Nichol Spohr made a great card for Lawn Fawn using several of their stamp sets and lots of imagination.

I was so inspired by her card, picture below, I thought I would give it a try.


I copied her cabinet design and used a 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" strip and three 1" squares of white card stock that I stamped with an All Night Media woodgrain background stamp I had in my stash with Gathered Twigs distress ink. I then used a distress tool and the Gathered Twigs ink to cover the cabinets and doors to give it a look of wood. I stamped the handles of the doors by using the "cheeks" stamp from the Lawn Fawn - Rooting For You stamp set and Versafine - Onyx Black ink.

For the "Tile" wall I used the MFT Stamps - Small Brick Wall stencil and Liquitex - Light Modeling Paste in white on white card stock. The wall then has some great texture without being too distracting.

I also copied Nichol's recipe for the countertop and cut a 1/4 " piece of white card stock that I coloured with a C9 Copic marker and then lightly tapped it with a Colorless Blender marker to try and give it some texture.

I stamped several images from the Lawn Fawn - Baked With Love and Milk and Cookies stamp sets, coloured them with Copic markers and fussy cut them out. After fussy cutting each piece I went around the white edge of the image with a Memento - Tuxedo Black Dual Marker.

I did not have an oven stamp so I drew my own, which measures 1 1/2" x 1 1/4", I used a bubble stamp from the Lawn Fawn - Mermaid For You to stamp the round oven knobs. I then coloured the oven with Copics and cut it out.  I also needed something to add a sentiment to the front of the card and decided a picture frame on the wall would be cute.  I first stamped the sentiment and then I drew the frame around the sentiment, coloured it and cut it out.

Once I assembled all of the coloured pieces I added Glossy Accents to the knobs on cupboards and oven as well as the oven glass.

This card was a lot of work but I'm so happy with how mine turned out.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Baked With Love,  Milk and Cookies, Mermaid For You and Rooting For You   All Night Media - Woodgrain Background
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Baked With Love (Heart)
Ink: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
Copic Markers: Colorless Blender, B000, C00, C1, C3, C5, C9, R24, R29, R39, Y13, YR21, YR23, E25, E27, E29, E31, E34, E35, E40, E41, E42, E51, E53, E55, E57, 0.3 Multiliner
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100 lb Ultra Smooth Premium White Card Stock,  MFT Stamps - Small Brick Wall Stencil,  Liquitex - Light Modeling Paste,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for coming by and leaving comments. I hope you come back soon.

Have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment