Monday 8 August 2016

Give Thanks

Hello my friends, I can't believe the year is going so fast.

Today I made a Thanksgiving Day card combining several Lawn Fawn stamp sets. The little pilgrim mice are so cute.

I first cut out some water-colour paper using an oval Spellbinder die and inked it up using several different Distress Inks. and then stamped the oval with some cornstalks.  I stamped and Copic coloured several different images from the Happy Harvest and Thankful Mice stamp sets.

I also used a couple of Hero Arts shadow inks and the Argyle Backdrops stamp set to make my own design paper which I cut using the largest die from the MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13.

I decided to cut out a banner using one of the Ribbon Banners  dies from Spellbinders and while the card stock was still in the die, I inked it with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give the banner more detail.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Thankful Mice stamp set on the banner.

I combined all the layers and popped up the mice with foam tape to add some dimension.

I am quite happy with the final result.


Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Happy Harvest, Thankful Mice, Argyle Backdrops
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13,  Spellbinders - Classic Ovals Small and Large, Ribbon Banners,  Lawn Fawn - Thankful Mice,  ScanNCut for all other stamped images
Ink: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo  Hero Arts - Butter Bar and Just Rust
Copic Markers:  Wagon - R24, R39, C5, C7, YR04, YR18, E19, G82, G99  Crow - C5, C7, YR04, YR18  Mice - W00, W1, W3, R20, Y21, YR23, YR24, E25, E27
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Strathmore - 300 Series 140lb cold press water color paper,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Kathy!! Love the that background too!!
    If you are interested in a DT spot, please contact me at fam.van.blaricum@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete