Thursday 8 March 2018

Cheers To Coffee

Hello my friends and welcome back.  Today I am sharing a card I created using a couple of The Crew School Days girls from Wplus9 to create an coffee themed card, not a school themed card.

I decided that I wanted to create a coffee shop background and here are the steps I took to create it.

The first thing I did was took the card panel and drew a line across the bottom in pencil to create the sidewalk.  I also pencilled in some doors to the shop with the help of a t-square ruler, then using green painter's tape, I taped off the sidewalk and doors.

In order to create the brick exterior of the building, I covered the whole wall with some Antique Linen distress ink, then went over it again with Vintage Photo distress ink and a Small Brick Wall stencil.

Then I peeled off the painter's tape and placed so that only the "sidewalk" was visible and went over that with a mixture of Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke distress inks.  Once that sidewalk was done, I peeled off the painter's tape and coloured the glass doors with B000 and B00 Copic markers.  I also drew a couple of door handles and coloured those with cool grey markers.  I used a ruler and Pure Black - Zig Millennium markers to outline the doors and handles.

For my chalkboard sign, I coloured it with Copic markers and then stamped on the saying using Versamark and embossed it with White Detail embossing powder.

I glued the flowers and pots flat to the background and popped up the two girls and the sign with foam tape and I'm pretty happy with how the final card turned out.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Wplus9 - The Crew School Days and The Crew Garden Club
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke,  Versamark
Copic Markers: Doors - B000, B00, C3, C5  Girl On The Left - Skin-E11, E33, V15, R20  Hair-YR20, YR21, E31  Dress-BG11, BG13, BG57  Boots-YG03, YG21  Girl On The Right - Skin-E13, E35, V17, R22  Hair & Shoes-C5, C7, C9  Pants - B93, B97, B99  Dress - R24, R27, R29, R39  Sign-E23, E27, C5, C7, C9
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock,  MFT Stamps - Small Brick Wall Stencil,  Foam Tape

Thank you for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment