Wednesday 25 January 2017

Thinking Of You

Hello my friends and hopeful, welcome back.  I hope you are having a good day so far.

Today I made a card that was inspired by a card that Amy of sharingnewlove recently posted on her Instagram account.  She used the Stepped Up Chevron die-namic from MFT Stamps to make a carpet for her living room scene and I thought it was so clever I would give it a try.

I selected three different colours of card stock from the Preppy Beach stack by Recollections and cut out the colours four times each.  I glued the chevron cut paper to a 4" x 1 3/4" piece of white card stock to make the carpet and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  The carpet was a bit time consuming to make but I think it was worth it.

The puppies are from the Playful Pups stamp set, the girl in the chair and the lamp are from the Our Story stamp set and the sentiment is from the Make Yourself At Home stamp set, all from MFT Stamps.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Playful Pups,  Birdie Brown-Our Story and Lisa Johnson Designs-Make Yourself At Home
Dies: MFT Stamps - Stepped Up Chevron
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black
Copic Markers: Puppies - E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, R20, B21, B24, B26  Girl - Skin - E11,V15, E33, R21  Hair - E21. E23, E25  Book - G40, G14  Dress - B21, B24, B26  Chair & Lampshade - R02, R05, R08  Light - Y000 & Y00
Other: Echo Park - This & That Graceful 6x6 paper pad,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb White Ultra Smooth Premium card stock,  Recollections - 110lb White card stock and 65lb Preppy Beach stack card stock,  Sakura -  White Gel Pen,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by. Any comments you leave are appreciated.  Have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment