Monday, 19 October 2015

Altered Witch Hat

Hello and Happy Monday!  After piddling around last year, I finally got my act together and altered a paper-mache witch hat that I bought at Michaels.

The first thing I did was paint the hat with acrylic black paint and then I sprayed it with Lindy Stamp Gang's - Screamin' Banshee Black-Starburst Spray.  I also sprayed the black flower I bought with the same Starburst Spray.  I then took 6 inch wide black tulle, folded it in half and then glued it to the hat, pleating it a bit as I went along.

I then added ribbon, feathers, a few Halloween sprays and the sprayed flower that all came from Michaels as well.

I pretty happy with how it turned out and plan to use this on my mantle as part of my Halloween decor.

Here are a few pictures of the hat from start to finish.






Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great evening, Kathy

No comments:

Post a comment