Saturday 3 June 2017

Dance Through Life

Hello my friends and welcome.  I hope you are having a good weekend so far.

Very recently I saw a card on the Sunny Studio Stamps Blog, made by Karin Akesdotter, where she created a pirate scene in a "polaroid" frame and it inspired me to make my own "polaroid" scene.

I looked through my stamp sets and found the adorable Trouble In A Tutu stamp set from Clearly Besotted that I had never used before.

The first thing I did was cut a piece of heavyweight card stock with the Say Cheese die from Lawn Fawn.  I then took the inside of the polaroid frame and stamped three of the cute ballerina hippos which I coloured with Copic markers.  I added a woodgrain floor, backdrop and curtains using Copic markers.  I cut a piece of blush pink card stock with the largest die from the Blueprints 13 die-namics from MFT Stamps and attached it to the A2 card base.  I then added a sentiment to the bottom of the frame and attached the "polaroid" to the card base.  As a finishing touch I added a few sequins and the card was done.

I love how the little scene turned out.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Trouble In A Tutu
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Say Cheese,  MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black
Copic Markers:  Hippos - W00, W1, W3, R20  Hippos' Clothes - R81, RV55  Floor - E31, E34, E35  Backdrop - B21, B23, B24, B26  Curtains - RV66, RV69, R89
Other: Recollections - 110lb White and Pink card stock,  Pretty Pink Posh - 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins,  Neat and Tangled - Pink Lemonade Sequin Mix

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card. I love the hippos! I have been wanting to do a polaroid picture card, so now I really do. Have you seen the 'Photo Bomb' stamp set by Mama Elephant? It is so cute...makes me want to create my own photo bomb scene with animals. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete