Monday 5 June 2017

Summer Welcome Wreath

Hello my friends and welcome to the first full week of June.

I really wanted something for my front door but didn't want to spend much money.  I was looking at Pinterest for ideas and saw some patriotic rosette wreaths that I really liked.  For my wreath I wanted to make it more versatile, so I can keep it up all summer.  I used paper that matched the little Welcome Banner I made for my lantern that is on my front porch.

Here is the finished wreath.




The first thing I did was make my own wreath form by tracing a pizza pan and then a dinner plate onto a piece of cardboard.  I cut out the ring using a combination of a box cutter and scissors.


I then made a bunch of rosettes using the Dear Jane 12 x 12 paper stack from DCWV.  I cut 12 inch strips into widths ranging from 1 1/2 inches to 3 inches wide and scored the strips every 1/2 inch.  I then accordion folded the strips and glued two 12 inch strips together and pressed them down, into hot glue, on card stock circles.  I arranged some rosettes on the form to get an idea of how many rosettes I needed.

























For the next step I created a Welcome Banner using the Pennants dies from Little B and High-Rise Alpha Uppercase dies from MFT Stamps and glued then onto a length of natural hemp cord.  I used the largest flower centre die from the Plentiful Petals dies from MFT Stamps to make the centres of the rosettes.  I then used hot glue to attach the rosettes and banner to the wreath form.


Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Dies: Little B - Pennants,  MFT Stamps - High-Rise Alpha Uppercase and Plentiful Petals
Design Paper:  DCMV - 12 x 12 Dear Jane paper stack
Other: Recollections - 65lb Coral and Green card stock, Black & Gold Halloween 6x6 paper pad,  Hemptique - Natural 20lb Hemp cord,  Cream Grosgrain ribbon,  Cardboard

Thank you so much for taking to time to drop by.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment