Friday 6 November 2015

Altered Wooden Coffin

It's been almost a week since I made anything crafty and although I thought I was done with Halloween, I bought a couple of small wooden coffins on clearance at Michaels.

The coffin measures almost 5 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches wide and I just felt like altering at least one before I go onto Christmas crafts.

The first picture shows the plain wooden coffin. The first thing I did is paint it inside and out with black paint, even though most of it got covered with paper after.


I then covered the insides and outsides with paper from My Mind's Eye - Happy Haunting 6x6 paper pad. I edged all of the papers with Black Soot Distress Ink.





I then decided to edge around the bottom of the coffin with a black fence that I cut out of card stock with Martha Stewart's - Scary Fence punch. After that I coloured a few white flowers with Lindys Stamp Gang's Mango Mania - Flat Fabio Spray and made a stick pin using items from my stash. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Here are a few pictures of the final coffin.







Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Wooden Coffin and Black Acrylic  Paint from Michaels
My Mind's Eye - Happy Haunting 6x6 paper pad
Distress Ink - Black Soot
I Am Roses - R21-273 (Black Rose),  S10-15 (Small Flowers),  ZQLO-2 (Tiny Green Leaves)
Small Roses from my stash
Lindys Stamp Gang - Mango Mania Flat Fabio spray to colour white flowers
Stick Pin was made from items in my stash. I coloured the skeleton's eyes with Paprika - Stickles

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment