Friday 27 January 2017

Otterly Great Birthday

Hello my friends and Happy Friday!  Today I made another card using the super cute, Birdie Brown - Otterly Love You stamp set from MFT Stamps.

The first thing I did was cut a panel of heavyweight white card stock using the largest die from The Blueprints 13 die-namic.  I then used the Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Border dies to make masks for the sky and sea.

The sea is Salty Ocean Distress Ink that I inked on the card stock, sprayed with some water and then blotted to give some texture.  The sky was made with masks made from card stock cut with the Puffy Cloud Borders dies from Lawn Fawn and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I left a strip between the sea and sky which I inked using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

The otters I had previously coloured with Copic Markers and cut out using my Brother - ScanNCut.  The rocks I stamped out today, coloured them with Copic markers and fussy cut out to make a border between the sea and sky.

I love how the finished card turned out.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Otterly Love You
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13,  Lawn Fawn - Puffy Cloud Borders and Stitched Hillside Borders used to make masks
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Gathered Twigs and Salty Ocean
Copic Markers:  Otters - W00, W01, W3, W5, R20  Rocks - E42, E43, E44
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth White Premium card stock,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment