Tuesday 27 February 2018

It's Your Birthday!

I am back again today with another bright and cheerful card, using the Birthday Chicks stamp set from MFT Stamps.

The chicks themselves are bright and fun but I wanted to make a nice and bright background for them as well. The first thing I did was cut a piece of white card stock with a die from the Blueprints 27 die-namics.  I then took the four window inserts and inked them up with four different colours of Distress Inks.  Once they were inked up, I sprayed them with some water and blotted up the excess water with paper towel.

I popped up the white frame with foam tape and glued the window inserts flat to the card front.  I added some chicks using a mixture of foam tape and wet glue.

I am so happy with how the card turned out and think anyone that received this card couldn't help but smile.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Birthday Chicks
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 27
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Abandoned Coral
Copic Markers:Y13, Y15, Y17, YR23, YR18, BG10, BG11, BG13, V12, V15, V17, RV13, RV17, RV25
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock,  Sakura - Black Glaze Pen,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by.

I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment