Friday 30 March 2018

You Are Mermazing - MFTWSC378

Hello my friends and welcome back.  Today I am sharing two cards that I created using the Mermazing stamp set from MFT Stamps and my first alcohol ink on Yupo paper background. I must say even after watching YouTube videos of people using alcohol ink, I did find it harder then it looked but I guess with everything there is a learning curve.

I used the current sketch from MFT Card Challenges as inspiration for my card layouts.


I wanted to keep the background fairly simple and so only used two colours of alcohol ink, Bottle and Stream.  Once it was dry I did actually end up going back and using some blending solution and a hairdryer to get a better result.  The Yupo paper came in a 5" x 7" pad, so I cut the one finished piece into two 3" x 4 1/2" pieces , using a stitched rectangle die.

I thought the background would make a perfect water background, which is why I decided to use a couple of Mermaids to highlight that fact.  The mermaids were coloured using Copic markers and I added some clear sparkling pen to their tails as the finishing touch.

Here are a couple of picture of my cards.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Mermazing
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13 & 27,  Simon Says Stamp - Stitched Rectangles
Inks- Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Memento - Teal Zeal
Copic Markers - Skin - E11, E33, V15, R20  Purple - V12, V15, V17  Teal - BG10, BG11, BG13, BG57  Coral - R02, R05, R08  Lime Green - YG0000, YG00, YG23, G14
Other: Recollections 110lb White card stock,  Legion - 74lb White 5 x 7 Yupo paper pad,  Ranger Alcohol Ink - Bottle and Stream,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock and Sparkling Clear Brush Pen,  Foam Tape

I definitely want to play some more with the alcohol inks and hope you will also give it a try.

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment