Saturday 26 May 2018

Thank You Tea

Hello my friends and welcome back.  Today I am sharing a card I created for the Spring-Summer Coffee Lovers blog hop. To participate, created a new Spring/Summer themed Coffee, Tea or Cocoa project.

For my card I used the older Cup of Tea stamp set and the Tea Party die-nmaics both from MFT Stamps.  I stamped the Flowers and Leaves on the tea cups with Soft Cantaloupe and Mint Julep shadow inks from Hero Arts.  I also swiped the ink pads over some white card stock and then cut out a couple of flowers and leaves using additional dies from MFT Stamps, so that they would match perfectly with the cups.

I also cut the tea bag and tag twice and sandwiched the cord into between each layer.  The top tea cup was popped up with foam tape, leaving a space where the tea bag could come in and out.




I'm super happy with how the card turned out.

Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Laina Lamb-Cup of Tea,  Interactive Labels
Dies: MFT Stamps - Laina Lamb-Tea Party, Blueprints 3 (Flowers) & Blueprints 13, Branch with Leaves (Leaves),  Stitched Basic Edges 2 and Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2
Inks: Haro Arts - Soft Cantaloupe and Mint Julep,  Versafine - Onyx Black
Other: Recollections - 110lb White Card Stock,  My Mind's Eye - Market 6x6 paper pad,  American Crafts - 10lb White Hemp Cord,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you are able to join in the fun.

Have a wonderful day! Kathy

11 comments:

  1. This is one of the sweetest cards I've seen in the hop, Kathy. And that's say a lot cuz I've seen and commented on them all. It's so soft, and Springy...so many cute elements. It makes me feel happy. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the little tea bag looks with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the softness and the layout of your coffee cups and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card in summery colors, love the design with flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous. I love the layout, colors and theme of it. Definitely a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is this?! I'm smitten with your color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this MFT set and LOVE how you've used it! So sweet and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!, love the lo, colors,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Beautifully designed and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww!!! It's simply adorable!!! Love so much the design!!!

    ReplyDelete