Monday 4 March 2019

Glorious Day - Just Add Ink #446

Hello I am back today to share a card I created for the Just Add Ink inspiration challenge.  This week's inspiration picture is bright and beautiful.


For my card I broke out an embossing folder, which I had not used for a very long time, some Distress Inks and some floral dies.

The first thing I did was take some Distress Ink pads and smoosh them onto a craft sheet.  I sprayed the ink with water and then pounced some 110lb white card stock into the ink several times each in order to add colour and texture.

The largest piece of card stock was coloured with Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink and then cut with the largest die in the Blueprints 13 die-namics from MFT Stamps.  I then took that die cut panel and embossed it using the Circuit - Cuttlebug-Geometric Rings embossing folder.

I created the flowers by cutting the other three coloured card stocks with the Stitched Blooms die-namics, also from MFT Stamps.  I cut a stitched circle and stamped the sentiment from the Dot Flourisheds stamp set from Hero Arts and then glued the florals around the circle.  The last thing I did was to pop up the floral "wreath" onto the card front with Foam Tape.



I am so happy with how my card turned out and I hope you like it too.

Below is a list of the supplies I used.


Stamps: Hero Arts - Dot Flourishes
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13, Stitched Circle Stax and Stitched Blooms
Inks: Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Yellow,  Versafine - Onyx Black
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Cricut - Cuttlebug-Geometric Rings embossing folder

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Kathy the textures and colours are just wonderful! I love how you used the flowers to make a floral wreath around the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I really love this card - I love the rustic feel and bright summery flowers. Very pretty. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kathy! Your textured background is fantastic and I love how your vibrant florals have added colour and embody your sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete