Sunday 3 March 2019

Saddle Up & Celebrate

Hello my friends, I can't believe that's it's already March, even though we are crossing our fingers for some much warmer weather.

Today I am here to share a card I created using the Birdie Brown - Saddle Up & Celebrate stamp set from MFT Stamps.

I usually colour with Copic Markers but for a change I actually decided to do some watercoloring with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers on water-colour paper. For the larger background colour, I used some Distress Ink pads that I smash onto an acrylic block, which I used as a palette.



The finished watercolored scene is approximately 4 3/4" by 3 1/2".  I matted the scene with some black card stock.  The design paper in the background was also matted with black card stock and glued flat to the card base, with the watercolored scene popped up on foam tape to add some dimension to the finished card.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Saddle Up & Celebrate
Inks: Ranger - Jet Black Archival Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint
Other: Strathmore - 140lb Cold Press Water-colour Paper,  Recollections - 110lb White card stock and 65lb Black card stock,  My Mind's Eye - On The Bright Side-Two 6x6 paper pad,  Distress Markers,  Foam Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope the rest of your day is great! Kathy

1 comment: