Sunday 26 June 2016

Let's Party

Hello friends and happy Sunday! It's a gorgeous day here in South Surrey, BC today. I did some gardening but after that I decided I wanted to make a card.

I was inspired by a card that Amy from Prairie Paper & Ink made a couple of days ago, using Polychromos coloured pencils on kraft paper. I would love to buy the Polychromos but in the mean time I used my Crayola coloured pencils and I think they did a pretty good job.

I started by stamping 5 of the cows from MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-The Whole Herd stamp set on recollections kraft card stock with Versafine - Onyx Black ink. After I finished colouring the cows, I decided I wanted to add something else so I stamped the pile of hay and coloured it as well.  I then cute out all the coloured images using my Brothers' ScanNCut.

I cut a white card stock panel using the largest die from the Blueprints 13 die-namics. I also cut out a couple of scraps of white card stock with a couple of the Lawn Fawn - Puffy Cloud Borders. I used the cloud scraps as a template and sponged on Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the top half of the white panel to make a cloudy sky.

I used MFT Stamps - Rolling Hills die to cut out some green card stock for the grass and kraft card stock for the fence. Once I glue the fence and grass together I used the same die from Blueprints 13 to add the stitching on the border and then glued it onto the white cloudy panel.

Once the background panel was complete I stamped the sentiment, and then glued on the cows and hay and backed the panel with kraft panel to give it a border.

I think the finished card turned out pretty cute.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-The Whole Herd
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13 & Rolling Hills
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Crayola: Cow - Black, White, Peach, Bubble Gum, Brown  Hay - Golden Yellow, Yellow Orange, Tan, Brown
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Sakura - Black Gel Pen

Thank you so much for dropping by. Have a great day, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment