Sunday 16 July 2017

You Are My Sunshine

Welcome my friends, I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Today I created another beach scene card, this time using the absolutely adorable Beach Day stamp set from Neat and Tangled.

I decided to put the cute little Elephant into a one piece bathing suit.  I used cool gray Copic markers to colour the skin of the Elephant and the E40 range of Copic markers to colour the skin and horn of the Rhino.

I again used the Beach Scene Builder dies-namics from MFT Stamps to create the sand and sea from some white card stock.  I inked up the sand portion with Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs distress inks, which I also sprayed with water and blotted up the excess to create some texture.

The sea portion was inked up lightly with Tumbled Glass distress ink and then I pounced some Mermaid Lagoon distress ink over a Stencil from Hero Arts that I received in their May 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit.

I also used the Tumbled Glass distress ink to ink up the clouds in the sky, using some card stock masks I created using the Puffy Cloud Borders dies from Lawn Fawn.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished card.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Neat and Tangled - Beach Day
Dies: MFT Stamps - Beach Scene Builder,  Lawn Fawn - Puffy Cloud Borders (For creating masks)
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon
Copic Markers:  Elephant Skin - C00, C1, C3, C5, R02, R20  Rhino Skin - E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47  Purple - V12, V15, V17  Coral - R02, R05, R08  Yellow - Y000, Y02, Y35  Red - R24, R29  Blue - B21, B24, B26  Sandcastle - E31, E35, E37
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock,  Ranger - Glossy Accents,  Foam Tape

Thank you for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment