Friday 28 July 2017

You Are My Sunshine

Hello my friends and welcome back.

Today I have another two cards to share, that I created using the July 2017 My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts.



For the first card, I stamped a couple of "metal" containers and some lavender flowers with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink, coloured them with Copic markers and cut them out using the matching dies in the kit.

I cut a panel of white card stock with the largest die from the Blueprints 13 die-namics from MFT Stamps and matted it with some purple yardstick.  I popped up the two containers with foam tape with the single flower sprig glued directly to the panel.  I added a sentiment from the kit and finished off the card by adding some pale purple and clear sequins.



For my second card, I stamped the "wooden" bucket and lander bouquet with Distress Inks and used some additional distress ink and a water brush to colour the images.  I also cut those two images with the matching dies in the kit.  I used an x-acto knife to cut a slit in the top of the bucket, where I could insert the bouquet and glue together.  I cut another panel of white card stock using the Blueprints 13 die-namics and matted it with the same purple card stock from the previous card.  I popped up the stamped images with foam tape, added it to the centre of the white panel then added the sentiment above and below.  For the finishing touch, I added some soft purple and pale green sequins.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Hero Arts - July 2017 My Monthly Hero
Dies: Hero Arts - July 2017 My Monthly Hero,  MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine -Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Gathered Twigs, Antique Linen and Dusty Concord
Copic Markers - Buckets - C00, C1, C3  Flowers - YG03, V12, V15
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock and 65lb Purple card stock,  Neat and Tangled - Fairy Garden Sequin Mix,  Pretty Pink Posh - 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins,  Foam Tape

Thank you again for taking the time to drop by.  If I don't come back before Monday, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment