Monday 22 August 2016

Love You Forever - MFTWSC294

Hello friends and welcome to a new week.  I can't believe how quickly the summer and in fact the whole year is going.

Today I made a card for the current sketch challenge at MFT Card Challenges.


For my card I combined the new Frightful Friends and Grave Situation stamp sets from MFT Stamps as well as the older Witch Way Is The Candy? set.

I used distress inks on smooth card stock to make the background and grass. I think it's hard to tell on the finished background but I actually started by covering the whole panel with Picked Raspberry distress ink and then went over that with Dusty Concord and Black Soot distress inks. Once I was happy with the colour I used the distress sprayer to spray it with water, left it for about 30 seconds and then blotted it with paper towel. I also cut a small panel of smooth card stock with the Grassy Fields dies, inked it up with Peeled Paint and a little bit of Black Soot distress inks and sprayed that with water as well.

I stamped the fence directly onto the background piece with Versafine - Onyx Black Ink.  I actually looked up pictures of "The Bride of Frankstein" before I coloured her and decided to add some blood to her bandages. Her skin was just a little too boring so I added a slight tinge of green to make it stand out a bit more.




I really happy with how the finished card turned out, especially the background.

Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Frightful Friends,  Grave Situation,  Birdie Brown - Witch Way Is The Candy?
Dies: MFT Stamps - 13, 20 and Grassy Fields
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks,  Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord and Black Soot
Copic Markers: Bride of Frankenstein -  E000, E00, G40, E40, E41, R29, C5, C7, C9  Tombstone - C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9  Pumpkins - YR15, YR18, E08, G24, G99
Other: Recollections - Card Stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100 lb Ultra Smooth Premium White Card Stock,  Foam Tape

Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you come back soon.  Have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment