Friday 19 August 2016

You're Smokin'

Hello friends and Happy Friday! I hope you are having good weather where you are and that you will get to enjoy it this weekend.

Today I made a card using the Let's BBQ stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  I have had this set for quite awhile but I think this is the first time I am using it. I am entering the card in this week's Lawnscaping Challenge of using a punny sentiment on a card.



I made a simple card that I thought would be great to give to a man as a love you or a Valentine's Day card.

I first stamped out the steak on a circle piece of card stock, masked it off and then stamped the BBQ.  I coloured the images with Copic markers and tried to give the look of hot coals under the steak.   Once the images were coloured I stamped the "smoke" and then the sentiment which I bent to match the curve of the circle.

I stamped the utensils on grey card stock with Memento - London Fog ink to give a nice tone on tone background.  I used the two largest dies from the MFT Stamps - Blueprints 20 die-namics to cut out the red and grey card stock.

I like the simple design of the card and how it turned out.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Let's BBQ
Dies: MFT Stamps - Stitched Circle Stax and Blueprints 20,  Spellbinders - Standard Circles Small
Ink: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Memento - London Fog,  Verafine - Onyx Black
Copic Markers: Steak - EE55, E57, E59  BBQ - C1, C3, C7, R08, YR18, R24, R29, R39
Other: Recollections - Card Stock

Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment