Sunday 16 October 2016

Ghostly Witch

Hello my friends, I hope you are having a good weekend.  I was so excited to receive some happy mail from Scrapbookpal.com on Friday, which included the Leafy Tree Backdrop - Landscape from Lawn Fawn.  Unfortunately we lost power for the whole day and since my cutting machine is a Vagabond and needs electricity to work, I could play with my new die.

Now that I have had a chance to play a bit, I think I am in love with the die and would love the portrait version as well.

For my first card, using this die, I cut it from some 110lb black card stock.  I also cut a piece of while card stock for the background, masked off a circle for a moon, and used distress ink to make the sky.  I then removed the mask and inked the moon with distress ink, and then sprayed the whole background with water and blot it with a paper towel.

I cut out a strip of the same back card stock with MFT Stamps' Grassy Fields die and another with the  Iron Fence punch by Martha Stewart.  For the cute Ghost Witch I combined the ghost and hat from the Booyah stamp set and the Broom from the Critters In Costume stamp set which are both from Lawn Fawn.

I'm pretty happy with how the card turned out.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Booyah, Critters In Costume
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Leafy Tree Backdrop-Landscape,  MFT Stamps - Grassy Fields,  Lifestyle Crafts - Nesting Circles (for the moon mask)
Inks: MFT Stamps - Black Licorice Hybrid Ink,  Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet and Black Soot
Copic Markers: W00, W1, R00, C5, C7, C9, V12, V15, Y35, E23, E27, YR24
Other: Martha Stewart - Iron Fence Deep Punch

Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment