Thursday 18 May 2017

Mermaid Trio

Hello my friends and welcome back.  Today I have three cards made using the Mermazing stamp set from MFT Stamps.

I tired something different and used some fun colours for the mermaid's hair. I am so in love with these three.


For all three of my cards, I used the technique that Donna Mikasa showed on her blog, 3 Umbrellas.  Instead of using the Post It tape that she used, I used 1 1/2" Painter's tape that I carefully ripped in half to mask off the edges of the card stock panels.

Here is the first card, where the tape was ripped and placed very unevenly.  I think I perfected the technique on the second and third card.




Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Birdie Brown-Mermazing
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Peacock FeathersMermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn
Copic Markers: Skin - E11, E33, V15, R22  Lime Green Hair - YG0000, YG00, YG03, G14  Purple - V12, V15, V17  Coral - R02, R05, R08  Aqua - BG10, BG11, BG13, BG57 Rock - C00, C1, C3, C5
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock,  Foam Tape,  Nuvo - Morning Dew Crystal Drops,  1 1/2 inch Green Painter's Tape

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  I hope you like my cards.  Have a wonderful day! Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I like your cards very much!! In fact I'm going to try my hand at this technique. Thanks for sharing!
    Cory

    ReplyDelete