Sunday 14 May 2017

You Brighten My Life

Hello my friends and welcome back.  Today I have a card to share that I made using the Pure Innocence Beach Day stamp set and Beach Scene Builder dies from MFT Stamps.





I stamped out the three images in the set, which include the girl, the sandcastle and the flag cut them out using my ScanNCut and coloured them with Copic markers.

For the background, I cut a piece of heavy weight white card stock with the largest die from the Beach Scene Builder die set.  I inked up the larger of the two pieces it cuts, with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap distress ink and the smaller piece with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers distress ink. I then sprayed droplets of water onto both pieces and blotted them with some paper towels to add some texture.

For the palm tree, I inked up a scrap of white card stock with Frayed Burlap distress ink and cut out the trunk and coconuts.  I cut the tree top and the three separate leaves out of some lime green card stock and inked the edges with some Mowed Lawn distress ink.  I slightly curved the three individual leaves with my fingers and attached just the base of the leaves to add some more dimension to the palm tree.

I used masks made from card stock and the Puffy Cloud Borders dies from Lawn Fawn and some Broken China Oxide Ink to ink up the clouds in the sky.  I glued everything to the card front and finished the card with a sentiment from the same stamp set.

Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: MFT Stamps - Pure Innocence-Beach Day
Dies: MFT Stamps - Beach Scene Builder
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black, Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn,  Distress Oxide - Broken China
Copic Markers:  Skin - E11, E33, V15, R22  Bathing Suit and Hat - R02, R05, R08  Hair - E27, E29,  Float Ring - BG11, BG13, BG57  Pail, Flag and Hat Band - V12, V15, V17  Sandcastle - EE31, E35, E37  Details on sand and Palm Tree Trunk - E37
Other: Recollections 100lb White card stock and 65lb Lime Green card stock,  Spectrum Noir - 100lb Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock,  Sakura - White Gelly Roll Pen

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment