Sunday 12 February 2017

Dress Up Marci

Good morning my friends and happy Sunday!  Finally the weather has warmed up and a lot of the snow has melted. Yeah!

Today I made a lovely Springy feeling card using the adorable Dress Up Marci cling stamp from La-La Land Crafts.  This is an older stamp up it is the first time I have coloured her.

Again I wanted to colour up a image to not be my normal pale skin girl and to show some more diversity in the images people colour for cards.  I am so happy with how this cutie turned out.  I think she looks ready to go out with girls or maybe to go to church.

I started by just colouring her skin and hair and then tired to figure out what colours to use for her outfit.  I'm really happy with the Purple and yellow combination. that I ended up choosing.





After the girl was coloured, then came the hard part, figuring out how I wanted to put the card together and whether to add a sentiment.  I finally settled on leaving the card without a sentiment, I figure on can be added inside when the time comes to give it away.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished card.



Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: La-la Land Crafts - Dress Up Marci
Dies: MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13 and Dizzy Border
Ink: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black
Copic Markers: Skin - E13, E35, V17, R22  Hair - C5, C7, C9  Purple - V12, V15, V17  Yellow - Y11, Y21, Y35  White - C00, C1, C3, Colorless Blender
Design Paper: My Mind's Eye - Teresa Collins-Fabrications-Canvas 6x6 paper pad & Miss Caroline-Fiddlesticks 6x6 paper pad
Other: Recollections - 110lb White card stock and 65lb Purple card stock

Thank you so much ro dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment