Saturday 1 April 2017

Altered Wooden Shadow Box Egg

Hello my friends and Happy Saturday!

I'm still doing some Easter decor crafts and I pulled out these wooden shadow boxes that I bought on clearance last year from Michaels.




I wasn't actual sure which side I was going to decorate.  For my first one I decided to decorate the flat side of the egg.   The first thing I did was paint the egg with Light Antique White acrylic paint.  I then went on the internet and searched for a vintage image that I could print and glue onto the egg.

Here is the image I decided on.



When it was printed out, I traced the wooden egg on the backside of the image and then cut it out.  I then glued it to the front of the wooden egg and then added some cream lacey trim that I had in my stash.  The colour on the print out was a little faded in a couple of spots, so I actually tweaked it my adding a bit of colour and details with some Prismacolor pencils.

Here is a few pictures of the finished project, including one where it has been placed on my mantle.





Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope to be back soon.  I hope you have a wonderful day! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment