Friday 7 April 2017

Happy Birthday Pirate Girl

Hello my friends and welcome back.  I was lucky enough to have some time to make another card using the Yo Ho Ho stamp set from Neat and Tangled.

This time I coloured the girl pirate and the cat and dog in pink to make a more "girly" card.



Again I used Distress Inks for my background but I did things a bit different this time.  I used the Cascading Scallop stencil from MFT Stamps to make the sea.  For the land I cut a piece of white card stock using the A2 Card Curved Edge die from Simon Says Stamp and coloured it using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.  The cloudy sky was created with some cloud masks and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

I popped all of the coloured images with foam tape to add some dimension to the card.  As the final touch, I cut a piece of card stock using a "washi tape" die from the MFT Stamps' Blueprints 13 die-namics. I thought the edge of the die went perfectly with the slightly jaggy edge of the map.  I stamped the sentiment onto the strip and coloured the edges with a couple of Copic markers to give it the same feel as the map.





Below is a list of the supplies I used.

Stamps: Neat and Tangled - Yo Ho Ho
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - A2 Card Curved Edge,  MFT Stamps - Blueprints 13
Inks: Simon Says Stamp - Intense Black,  Versafine - Onyx Black,  Distress Inks - Salty Ocean,  Peacock FeathersFrayed Burlap and Tumbled Glass
Copic Markers: Skin - E00, E11, R20  Hair - E21, E25, E27  Pink - RV10, RV13, RV14  White - C00, C1, C3  Boots - C5, C7, C9  Cat - C00, C1, C3, C4, C5, Y11, Y15, Y35  Dog - E40, E42, E43, E44  Map - E40, E41, B21, B24, G24
Other: Recollections 110lb White card stock,  MFT Stamps - Cascading Scallop Stencil,  Foam Tape

Thank you again for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment